CETRA is an organization for development, non-confessional (laic), non-partisan and non-profit founded in 1981 by the hands of militants from several organized sectors of civil society, with the political profile marked by the tradition of resist the authoritarianism allied to the search for new ways to fight the social differences and injustices and contribute to the social and political organization of the excluded people, in a way to break the independency relationship created between these and other social sectors and allow them to fully practice their citizenship. The institution acts developing actions of social and technical assistance, stepping in the reality and building new knowledge next to the public of its attention, being this composed by peasant families and rural workers.
Support and advisory to the workers organization, despite of their choice of political party, religion and philosophy, aiming their organizational strengthening and an integrated and sustainable human development.
With the working class interests, standing up for human rights and gender justice and protecting the natural resources through the construction of a democratic, egalitarian, fair and plural society, aiming the full practice of all people citizenship.
1. Respect and defend the human rights;
2. Provide free services of social and technical assistance, looking for social organization and the rescue of citizenship and self-esteem of rural workers, favoring the construction of knowledge, rights and citizenship duties, aiming human dignity and considering the need of breaking the dependency relationship and create conditions to built creative processes to overcome poverty and misery;
3. Respect and preservation of natural resources and promotion of educational actions along the family farmers to create sustainable, pacific and harmonious conditions to the coexistence of the human being and the environment;
4. Rights and duties equality for men and women and gender justice;
5. The gender issue as a central thematic to integrate the center line actions for a integrated and sustainable human development;
6. Work primarily with women groups, aiming to strengthen their organization and promote the equality of social, political, economic and cultural rights;
7. To fight sexual and domestic violence against women, boys and girls, considering those types of violence as a violation of human rights;
8. An ethical institutional development, with social commitment and responsibility for a sustainable rural development in all aspects (social, politic, economic, cultural and environmental), respecting the local specificities.
9. Appreciation of local culture and potentialities, of human and natural resources, in order to, from them, to effect the local development;
10. Put the land as the main fundament for actions along with the target audience and for a dignified living of small producers and family farmers.
11. Build a solidarity, fair and democratic world, from concrete actions – organization, education and training – that enable the good life quality of poorer population through socioeconomic and cultural experiences.
12. Fight for democratic freedom, human rights promotion, natural resources defense as a life source, social inclusion of disadvantaged populations, build new relations of social, political, cultural and gender equality.